Apple Valley Farms SAFETY Guidelines
Steering and linkage
* Steering box and linkage cannot be loose when turning the wheel
Pull points (must have one of the following front and rear)
* Hook secured with ½ inch grade 5 bolts to steel at least 3/8 thick or it must have a backing plate.
* Class III 2-inch receiver mounted to the frame with a minimum four-½ inch grade 5 bolts.
* Must have OEM equivalent or stronger. Battery cannot move.
* Must have complete exhaust out the back of the vehicle with a muffler.
* Required for all passengers and worn anytime the vehicle is moving.
* Must be properly anchored
*Must be fully charged and mounted in a quick-release mounting bracket within reach of a seat-belted driver.
* One is required, two is better
* ABC 2 pounds minimum
Tow strap required
* 2-inch strap or larger in good condition without hooks
* Screw type clevis only
Roll bar or non-removable hardtop
* Body mounted roll bars must have backing plates at mounting point
* Roll bars are required for vehicles with full removable top. (Stock roll bars and K tops are acceptable)
Must have good brakes (Pedal cannot be spongy or sink)
* Side-By-Side/UTV's: All occupants under 18 must wear a helmet
* Side-By-Side/UTV's: All occupants must have a rollcage overhead